1. Frankenweenie (2012) ★★★★☆My no #1 favorite Halloween movie of all time. Outside of the black and white presentation that gives a lack of interest from today's kids, this movie is great and fascinating. The story is wonderfully imaginative and the character designs are adorably creepy yet quirkily magnificent. It is a pretty darn good "mad scientist" movie that has an interesting heartwarming story and surely makes an excellent entertainment for both adults and children alike.
2. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) ★★★☆☆This is a classic Halloween animation that I like, mostly because of its unique character designs and Tim Burton seems like the only being on the planet who could come with characters such as the ones found in this movie. I think this movie is one of a must-watch movie for Tim Burton's fans. This movie is not necessarily a children's movie because it might be too fanatical but it is certainly a memorable one, containing passion and emotion.
3. Monster House (2006) ★★★★☆If you are looking for a spooky but fun, clean movie with good laughs and chuckles, this is definitely one you don't want to miss for Halloween. This movie is very good, mostly on the strength of the story and you'll probably find the movie excellent as well. But please note that even if this movie is great, it might not be suitable for very young viewers because of some fat-shaming scenes inside. *SPOILER ALERT*
4. Hotel Transylvania (2012) ★★★★☆This is a movie that turns the image of scary monsters into adorable characters. It conveys great humor, imagination, and life-related lesson. Overall, I think this is a movie that is enjoyable for the whole family in all age groups. Kids will most likely love the cute characters while adults will likely enjoy the jokes and plot about a father-daughter relationship that can be appreciated.
5. Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015) ★★★☆☆This one is not as good as the original Hotel Transylvania (2012), but it is still wildly amusing. It is a very sweet and funny movie, still with their adorably cute and silly characters. This is one of those movies that after you watched it, you just can't help but come out smiling afterward about.
*Stars are my personal rating that I give for each movie :)
☆☆☆☆☆ Don't even bother to watch
★☆☆☆☆ Very poor
★★★★☆ Very good